Sunday, March 22, 2015

Islam Can Be Disproven Without A Bible

Those of you who follow my blog know that I mostly focus on issues related to the Biblical world view, or on atheism because atheism is the worldview that most of the leaders of the American academic community hold to, and that needs to be spoken against.  I typically do not talk about other religions in detail, but because of how big of a global issue it is, I feel that now is the time for me to say something about Islam, the second-largest religion in the world.

For many years, I never thought in my wildest dreams that Islam would have a snowball's chance in Hell of creeping into and taking over the American culture.  However, after reading about the University of New Mexico's passage of Resolution 6S, I began to rethink that idea.  When you read the actual resolution document, this is how they define Islamophobia:

"Whereas, Islamophobia is defined as dislike or prejudice against Islam or Muslims especially as a political force."

The problem I have with this definition of Islamophobia is that it is way too vague.  A vague definition like this would make it possible to punish someone who says anything negative about Islam, even if what they say is true.  The rest of this post would qualify as Islamophobia under this definition.  This whole definition of Islamophobia is simply another form of Sharia Blasphemy laws, minus the death penalty.

Many Christians try to de-convert Muslims using the Bible, which isn't a bad thing.  Apologist David Wood created a five-part series talking about 50 reasons why Muhammad isn't a prophet using Islam's official sources and comparing them to what the Bible says when applicable; I will post links to each part of the series at the end of the post.  To set me apart from everyone else that I know of, I will disprove Islam using only Islam's official sources.

The Islamic Dilemma

Arguably the most glaring reason that Islam is a false religion is what David Wood calls "The Islamic Dilemma".  The root problem of this dilemma is that the Quran itself teaches that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, incorruptible Word of God.  Most Muslims don't even know this, so I will show you where the Quran teaches this:  
Quran 3:3-4: He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel Before, as guidance for the people. And He revealed the Qur'an. Indeed, those who disbelieve in the verses of Allah will have a severe punishment, and Allah is exalted in Might, the Owner of Retribution.”

This Quran passage is clearly saying that the Quran confirms the Bible, and that Allah gave the Jews and Christians the Bible to give them guidance.  By saying that those who disbelieve in the verses of Allah will be punished, this clearly implies that the Bible is the Word of God.

Quran 18:27:  "And recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord. There is no changer of His words, and never will you find in other than Him a refuge."

This Quran verse makes it clear that nobody can change Allah's words.  Since Allah is the one who gave the Jews and Christians the Bible, this means by extension that nobody can corrupt the Bible.

Quran 5:68: "Say, 'O People of the Scripture, you are [standing] on nothing until you uphold [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord.' And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people."

In this Quran verse, Allah is clearly commanding Jews and Christians to stand on the Bible, and to not be deterred by people who don't.  Since Allah tells them to stand on the Bible, that means that Jews and Christians are supposed to judge everything by the Bible.  We can see that in the following verse:

Quran 5:47: And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient.“

Here we are told that Allah will punish Christians if they don't judge by the Bible, which Allah supposedly gave them.  If that wasn't bad enough for Muslims, this next verse is worse:

Quran 10:94: So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.”

This Quran verse, without a shadow of a doubt, is telling us that if you want to know whether or not the revelations of Allah in the Quran and other official Muslim sources are true, then you have to go to the Jews and Christians and compare Islam's revelations with the Bible's revelations.  In other words, the Bible stands in judgement over the Quran, according to Allah.

So, as I have just shown you, the Quran teaches that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, incorruptible Word of God, and it stands in judgement over Islam.  Why is this a dilemma?  Because if the Bible is the Word of God, then Islam is false because its core message contradicts the Bible's.  If the Bible is not the Word of God, then Islam is still false because it claims that the Bible is the Word of God when it really isn't.

So by affirming the Bible as the Word of God and saying that the Bible stands in judgement over Islam's revelations, Islam is false, no matter what the truth about the Bible is. 

Islam's own sources show that Muhammad is a false prophet

While the Islamic Dilemma is more than enough to prove that Islam is false, there is one more thing that proves without a shadow of a doubt that Islam is false:  Muhammad died in the exact manner that he said he would die in if he was a false prophet.  Much like the Islamic Dilemma, most Muslims don't know this, I will show you that Islam's own sources prove this.

Quran 69:44-46: “And if Muhammad had made up about Us some [false] sayings, We would have seized him by the right hand; Then We would have cut from him the aorta.”
According to Allah in this Quran passage, if Muhammad was a false prophet who made up revelations from Allah, then he die in a specific way, which was having his aorta cut.  Take note that Allah did not say how long it would take for him to kill Muhammad in this way; he only describes the manner in which he would kill Muhammad.  Go to the Budkari Hadith, the second-most reliable source in Islam behind only the Quran, and we read the following:

Bukhari's Hadith 4.394: "When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, 'Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me.' The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), 'I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?' They said, 'Yes.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is your father?' They replied, 'So-and-so.' He said, 'You have told a lie; your father is so-and-so.' They said, 'You are right.' He said, 'Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?' They replied, 'Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father.' On that he asked, 'Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?' They said, 'We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us.' The Prophet said, 'You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it.' Then he asked, 'Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?' They said, 'Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim.' He asked, 'Have you poisoned this sheep?' They said, 'Yes.' He asked, 'What made you do so?' They said, 'We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you.'"

After Muhammad was poisoned, he was told by the ones who poisoned him that if he was a true prophet, he would not be hurt by the poison, but if he was a false prophet, he would die.  Flash forward to Muhammad's death, and we read the following:

Bukhari Hadith 5.713: "The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, 'O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison.'"

That's right, Muslims:  Muhammad died in the exact manner that he said he would die if he was a false prophet.  Of all the ways a person can die, I can't think of a more humiliating death than that.

Conclusion:

So, the two reasons I can never become a Muslim are because the Quran affirms the Bible as the Word of God and says that the Bible stands in judgement over it, and because Muhammad died in the exact manner he said he would die if he was a false prophet.  There are many other reasons to reject Islam, but these two are all I need.

If you are a Muslim reading this, I beg you to put aside your emotions and think through this logically.  I am not using my bible to make my points; I am using your own sources, and that should scare you.  Your own sources disprove Islam.  Some of you may try to claim that the verses I quoted to you don't mean what they appear to say, but you don't have that option according to Allah.
  
Quran 12:1:  "Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the clear Book."

Quran 15:1:  "Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the verses of the Book and a clear Qur'an."

Quran 22:72:  "And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, you recognize in the faces of those who disbelieve disapproval. They are almost on the verge of assaulting those who recite to them Our verses. Say, 'Then shall I inform you of [what is] worse than that? [It is] the Fire which Allah has promised those who disbelieve, and wretched is the destination.'"

Quran 24:34:  "And We have certainly sent down to you distinct verses and examples from those who passed on before you and an admonition for those who fear Allah."

Quran 24:46:  "We have certainly sent down distinct verses. And Allah guides whom He wills to a straight path."

Quran 26:2:  "These are the verses of the clear Book."

Quran 36:69:  "And We did not give Prophet Muhammad, knowledge of poetry, nor is it befitting for him. It is not but a message and a clear Qur'an."

Quran 57:9:  "It is He who sends down upon His Servant [Muhammad] verses of clear evidence that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful."

It is clear from this small sample of verses from the Quran that not only is the entire Quran perfectly clear, but that each of the verses in it are perfectly clear.  With that in mind, every interpretation of every verse I quoted to support my assertion that the Quran teaches that the Bible is the Word of God that stands in Judgement over Islam is correct because I took each verse at face value.  I did the same thing in my other section about Muhammad's death. 

I don't want you guys to believe in a horribly and hilariously false religion that will give you a one-way ticket to Hell; I want you to believe in the religion that stands up under intense intellectual scrutiny, and that religion is found within the pages of the Bible.

How can you be saved according to the Bible?  It's quite simple:  You have to put your faith in Jesus Christ, repent of all your sins, and accept salvation as the free gift of God that it is; this will result in you having a personal relationship with Jesus.   Here are some Bible verses that support that idea:

John 3:16-18:  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

2 Corinthians 7:10:  "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."

Ephesians 2: 8-9:  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast."  
John 10:14-18:  “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.  I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.  The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.  No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
  
You might be thinking regardless of whether or not Islam is true, you are a good person anyway, so you don't need to repent of your sins and enter into a personal relationship with Jesus.  If you think that, I invite you to take the Good Person Test.

Now that you know how to be saved, I beg you all to get saved.  You can know true freedom through Jesus, and you will have the privilege of spending eternity with God in his Kingdom (see my blog post about the Kingdom of Heaven).  



Part 1 of David Wood's reasons for rejecting Muhammad as a prophet




Part 2 of David Wood's reasons for rejecting Muhammad as a prophet:



For part 3 of David Wood's reasons for rejecting Muhammad, click here.

For part 4 of David Wood's reasons for rejecting Muhammad, click here.

Part 5 of David Wood's reasons for rejecting Muhammad was recently taken down from YouTube for unknown reasons, but I was able to download it to my computer before that happened.  If you want to see it, leave me a message on the contact form on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment